Saint Valentine's Day

Saint Valentine and Sister Eileen!?
St Valentine's Day 2018

Love changes everything. Live loved.

On Valentine’s Day 2015, I was in Tallaght, preparing to make my First Profession as a Dominican Sister the following day. 

On Valentine’s Day 2018, I am in Dún Laoghaire, preparing to renew my vows as a Dominican Sister during Evening Prayer tomorrow.

This weekend, a group of our sisters shared something of our vocation stories with one another. Reflecting on my vocation in the days since, I realise that I might have said something far simpler.
Just this:

I fell in love with God. I fell in love with Jesus. 
It’s that simple and that complex. 
The rest is just detail. 

As Pedro Arrupé SJ said: “Fall in love. Stay in love, and it will decide everything.”
"Now is the favourable time" (2 Cor. 6:2)
"My heart is ready O God, my heart is ready" (Psalm 108)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be careful what you pray for!

Longest, darkest night

‘The kingdom of God will be ... given to a people who will produce its fruit.’