I saw God today!

I saw God today!
No, let me rephrase that!
What I saw were glimpses,
darting into my vision and then gone just as quickly


- a kingfisher, not once, not twice, but three times -


a trinity of reminders, if they were ever needed,
of the beauty of God's holy creation.

I say ‘reminders, if they were ever needed’ because
all afternoon
I had been bathed, washed, drenched in green,
above and below, things in themselves and in canal bank reflections ... beauty


and wholly, wholly aware
of the holy,
of God’s holy presence with me and around me,
making everything a glimpse,
making everything radiant,
making everything radiate,
making everything a prayer

yes, I saw God today!


 

                                                                                                                                                19.07.2020








Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you to whoever you are - I'm afraid I can't see your name!

      Delete
  2. We normally dress up our window and door for the trick and treaters, but this year, we didn't bother. But a kind stranger left a ghost decoration outside our door with four sweets hanging from it. What a lovely sweet gesture. The kindness of others is all around us - and nature truly grounds us and reminds us what is truly important. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Yes, goodness and kindness is everywhere. We just need to hold onto the reminders of it and thank God for whatever shows us that reality again

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my writing. I'm interested to hear your thoughts - please share.

Popular posts from this blog

Be careful what you pray for!

‘The kingdom of God will be ... given to a people who will produce its fruit.’

Longest, darkest night