I met God again today

I met God again today


I met God again today.
Out walking, still close to my convent.

"On the Falls Road?" I hear you say,
the quizzical tone hinting doubt, even disbelief.
In a built-up urban space, I imagine you thinking,
questioning my declaration.

But, yes.
I met God today
and, yes, on the Falls Road
and
why not?


God-with-us is God-with-us.


'where you are, there I may be' 
Jesus' promise in reverse

Where we are, there God may be also -
on the Falls,
doing Pana (but, of course!),
along the Champs Elyssees,
in Grand Central Station,
in the barrio and the shanty town,
behind the gates of that affluent gated community,
at the mountain top,
on the motorway,
along the canal bank,
in the church,
at the beach,
in the coffee shop,
on the rain-sodden grey footpath,
in the fields,
God is with us


God is with me
God-with-us, God-with-me, is everywhere I am.
It is only for me to see Him
If only I could open my eyes
keep awake






 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I don't know who/were you are - perhaps, you'd like to let me know?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my writing. I'm interested to hear your thoughts - please share.

Popular posts from this blog

Be careful what you pray for!

Longest, darkest night

‘The kingdom of God will be ... given to a people who will produce its fruit.’